Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, September 08, 2005


When we are first learning how to walk we fall on our butts.............alot.....and that is just what I did. I took my first samples up to Redlead for my demos........I am learning and sometimes learning can be frustrating but that is ok. The first piece I made for my December demo I totally trashed and at the last minute I put this piece together, it needs some bugs worked out, but it is what I would consider to be pretty close to my style. So I am back to the drawing board....and that is ok because in the end this helps me to grow and challenges me to think about things from many different angles. I think if an artist only creates pieces that are their 'style' or to their liking that they can get stuck in a rut, so I look at this as just paving new roads in my creativity. So I am back off to my studio, trying to learn to walk and hoping not to fall on my butt again......... Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed