Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Happy Birthday to my Knight in Shining Armor

Yesterday was the day my Knight in Shining Armor was born many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many......(recent tests show he may actually be older than dirt! ha! )....years ago! This man is the reason I am today. The reason I am alive, the reason I am happy, the reason I am successful in my world of art, the reason I have 3 beautiful children who at the time of this writing are driving me crazy, but they are beautiful none the less.

When he and I first met, I was at the end of my rope with life. I never seemed to be able to please my family, I was the 3rd wheel, the black sheep. I had always wanted to be an astronomer, or a scientist of some sort, but school was always a struggle, and I had been told I was not living up to my potential, I was lazy, I was blah, blah, blah.............many years later I would discover I had learning disabilities, and art became my outlet for pent up 'stuff'. I had not been in a relationship for about 2 or 3 years, my last relationship was with an abusive alcoholic.......can we say 'no self esteem'.............I knew ya could....... I thought I would never meet my Knight in Shining Armor, and have my Happily Ever After...........
My to be hubby and I met at a bar, it was a setup, kinda, a friend brought me and another friend and her boyfriend brought the man who would become my hubby......he was to choose between the 2 of us, but he was told the other girl would be the better choice. So, we meet, fall in love, and marry. He is the first person, besides my one grandma, who loved me for me, unconditional love. He had made me feel loved, he accepts me completely (blonde dorkiness and all!) He believes in me and has encouraged me in the 19 years we have known each other to do and try new things, and when I fall down he taught me how to get up and dust myself off and try it again and told me what I did right, not reminding me what I did wrong. If it was not for his encouragement, his belief in me, his support, his love I would have given up on art and life completely. He tells everyone how proud he is of me, he shows everyone that walks a foot in the house everything I have done, he shops with me, he even looks through the books I am always bringing home. My hubby and I have had more than our share of the bad times, in sickness, or poorer part of the vows we took when we married, but that just makes the good times, in health, and for richer parts of our lives that much sweeter. This man loves his children and will do just about anything for them and learns just what it means to be a father everyday, he lost his when he was 6. This Knight in Shining Armor has stopped and helped people on the side of the road when they have broke down, he has walked for an hour in 6 inches of snow with a single mom and her baby trying to help her find a car in a mall parking lot that ended up being stolen and then helped her find a security guard. This Knight stopped on the side of Mid Rivers Mall drive and almost got himself killed trying to dodge speeding cars while trying to save a huge alligator snapping turtle that wanted to eat him for dinner and did not understand the person he was trying to eat was trying to save his life. This Knight just last week saw a woman at a gas station in tears and went to investigate to find out what was wrong.....she had run out of gas in front of the pump, she would not get paid for another 5 days, and she had no money.......he put some gas in her car for her and paid for it. His only regret is that he did not put more in her tank than what he did. This Knight has the gift of gab, and can talk to anyone like he has know them forever. Sometimes maybe he does not know when to shut up, and sometimes he gets a little loud, but to know him is to love him. This Knight is a man who has made many sacrifices for his family, and has more than his share of testosterone flowing through his veins, but he has a sensitive side and he bleeds when cut. This Knight most of the time forgets he does not have a big 'S' on his chest (like Superman) and needs to be reminded, he too, is only human. This Knight is the man I love, my best friend, my soul mate. He and I enjoy spending time together, and maybe more than most couples, but he and I were all each of us had for many years, and we have both enjoyed our time apart this weekend, but we miss each other terribly also. This Knight was sent from Heaven by Angels.............This Knight is my husband, and yesterday was his birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY........................ Love you always and forever, bunches and bunches.......mwa.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed