Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles...............

What a day today, huh?.....the weather is icky. I love thunderstorms, the noise, the light show, but I don't care much for just plain ol' rainy days. When I have a day where my muse has apparently taken the day off without telling me, or a dreary day like today one thing seems to do the trick to get me going again...................blowing bubbles!!!!!!!!!

I have a large antique bowl in my studio filled with all different types of bubble containers and did you know there are even different types of bubbles........my hubby even recently bought me 2 bubble guns! yehaw! what fun to shoot bubbles!

Bubbles are very relaxing. I have found that they calm you because you have to slow down and gently blow on the stick thingy to make the bubbles come out, and then watching them float through the air almost makes you feel weightless. By the time I am ready to put them away my breathing and heart rate have slowed down and my muscles are not as tense, and I usually have a smile on my face, and very sticky hands! My cares seem to float away with the bubbles.

Sometimes I close my eyes and can almost imagine what it would be like to be a bubble.....all floaty, the wind carrying you from place to place and nice and round is an acceptable shape if your a bubble and bigger is better, how everything looks distorted because of the round shape, and everything changing color as the sun hits the bubble at different angles, what a view from way up high, float next to a butterfly, and hope to make it to Heaven......but bloop, you pop when you run into the tree. Do bubblesgo to Heaven after they pop? I bet they do. O o o O O o
O o o o O o O O O o o o o O o o O oO o o O O o
o o o O O o O o o O o O o O o O O O O o o o o
o o o o o o O o O O O o o O o O o O o
O o o o O O O o o O O o o o
o o o o o O o o o O O O
O O O o o o o
o o o O
O o o
O o
O



O

o



Have you blown Bubbles today?

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed