Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Life just keeps happening around here!

I swear, Murphey's Law should have been called Farmer's Law! Friday when my daughter and I dropped my hubby off at the house of 1 of the 4 guys he was going out of town with, we unloaded our Flinstone mobile of what seemed to be about a zillion and one things for him to take on the trip (they say women are bad about packing!) , and as our daughter went to shut the hatch one of the shocks stuck and the glass shattered everywhere! The poor thing was so upset, and we assured her over and over again that it was no big deal, and that her daddy would go get a replacement back window at the junkyard on Tuesday and it would be like new. Well, today my hubby went to the junkyard and called me on the way back to let me know he was able to find a new back glass, and that he did not bring all of the right tools with him but was able to make the tools he did bring work to remove it from the blazer at the junkyard, he was going to go vacuum out the back of our blazer to get all of the glass out and he would be home. A bit later my hubby, or should I say Knight was home, and went to work right away putting the back glass in............things never 'just' work for us, so I peeked every once in awhile to check his progress, but too scared to actually go outside in case things weren't going well. Not very long after he had begun he popped his head in the house to say he got it put in and all was well.............my first thought was......... this was wayyyyyyyyyy to easy.........not only did he find the back glass at the first junkyard he went to, but found it easily, and quickly, and there were lots of them, then I thought you really need to stop thinking like this..........the glass is half full.....not half empty.............afterall, it did not rain the whole weekend, none of us managed to get cut by the glass, stop thinking so negative. It is ok, and sometimes things actually can be easy without the world coming to an end. With my thinking adjusted to a glass half full attitude I went down to my studio to go create! yeah! I am gonna have some eye candy to put on my blog by the end of the night...........just about then our daughter comes downstairs with a big grin on her face and tells me that daddy broke the back glass. I kept working in my studio and told her you can't fool me I know you are joking. She insisted she was not, and we began to play word ping - pong.......ya know ..........no he did not......yes, mom he did......no dear he did not.........yes, mom he did........well, the score was tied and neither us were going to give up, so I went upstairs and thought I'm gonna ring her neck when I get up there and find out she was joking! I walk outside to my hubby, shaking his head, with broom in hand............................he felt it needed a slight adjustment and tried to move it over just a bit when it shattered. I had our daughter grab me the other broom and helped him sweep up glass.......in trying to keep with my glass half full attitude I told him at least this time he would know what tools to bring, and at least there are several more and he knows just where they are, and at least it is not suppose to rain for at least the next week...............we finished sweeping up the glass and sat down on our swing and stared at where the glass should be.......it was too quiet, I hate quiet, then we laughed...................that I liked............it was not the end of the world, and it was normal for us this 'luck' of ours................I felt better, now things were just the way they were suppose to be, not easy, never working the first time around......the world is good, at least for this moment. We watched the sky change colors, pinks, blues, oranges, and a color that I don't think they have a word for that was so beautiful, the clouds looked like they were made by the quick and carefree strokes from a painters brush, not real at all, kind of like the ones in the velvet paintings of Jesus my grandma had in her livingroom when I was a little girl, the locusty bug thingys were making noise, the kids were inside, quiet, and the skeeters biting.........yup, all is good and just as it should be for this moment......I will have eye candy on my blog tomorrow.................

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed