Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Beautiful lights.......

I loved last night. I love the sights and sounds and smells and the feel of a good thunderstorm. There are a lot of times I feel a sense of guilt that maybe I should spend more time with my kids, making happy memories with them that they might one day want to share with their kids, even though I am here 24/7. We don't play a lot of traditional games, but last night I realized that maybe I am spending more time doing this than I thought. I realized this as my youngest wrapped his arms around me and said 'I love you' and gave me a big squishy hug, my favorite kind. We were standing on the front porch and had just said our good-byes to his daddy as he left for work. I realized how neat it is that my youngest and I have the same fascination with the heavens, the stars, the storms...... he and I stood on the porch, talking, holding on to each other, making the ooooohh and ahhhh noises you make during the fireworks display on the 4th of July, swearing to each other that after the next 5, 10, 15 .............lightnings we would go in and get to bed.....it was past our bedtime. While praying that my hubby would make it to work, safely, I stood there wishing that this moment would go on forever, but knowing I would have to let go of my baby, and I only hope that he someday will be doing the same thing as he and I are at this moment with someone he loves just as much as I love him.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed