Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

o' january tree, o' january tree....

january has to be my least favorite month of the year.   if it were up to me i would remove it and all of its ugliness from the calendar and replace it with another april or may, or even october.  

everything is dead, the only color is grey, 97 shades of grey.  it is cold in january.  for the 3 months prior we had wonderful holidays, we had a beautiful display of color in october, november made us stop and think of all we were thankful for, and december holds all of the excitement, magic and anticipation of christmas day and makes you realize just how blessed we are.

several years ago i decided to divide up my expanding christmas decoration collection.  all things snowy were put aside to decorate for the month of january. 










No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed