Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

getting closer to making art

the cobwebs are slowly being cleared in the studio, and i am aching to hop back down there and do some more moving around of the stuff i must have to be an arty girl, but, tonight i am going to bed before the sun comes up.  i am a creature of the night, and always will be.   forcing myself to live among day dwellers is a challenge, especially since my daughter, too,  is the same way. 

tomorrow the housework gets thrown out the window and i am spending as much time as i can surrounded by all things arty and inspiring with my supply of elbow grease and a rag to rub it in with to make it all shiny and clean....and organized once again. 

the good news/bad news is the vw bug car sized fly that was terrorizing me last week did not buzz by me today....oh, but where will i find his flightless corpse?????  there are spiders running around down in my studio and everytime i see one zip by my toes i have to force myself  to take a breathe and let him go on by since they all seem to be the 'good' kind that eat all the wee little nasty bug-a-boos that are suppose to creep and crawl in basements as well.  they must be doing a good job because all i see are some really large spiders, no wee little bug-a-boos. 


today the hubby put in a12 - 13 hour day and came home with another hole in his finger. thankfully his newest accidental body piercing is not one as large as the one that sent him to the company doctor during the summer.

he wants me to frame the nail.   it will become just like the infamous levi blue jean story that the kids and i know forward and backward....holy cheeze-its help us all!

i have lost count on how many holes he has put in himself.  i am an expert splinter-taker-outer now as well since he has moved to the shipping and receiving department.  
i think i have managed to stall all i can before packing it in and hitting the pillows.  i am off to bed even though i am not a sleepy-head. 

here is a little summer time cuteness from this summer when we did not have a computer to end this bedtime story. 







a tiny little prince looking for his true loves kiss.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed