I have recently take on and confronted a few of my fears.........
- started my own yahoo group.......and have tackled a few problems that have arose! what if no one joined i worried, then after i had to send out an email to lay down the law so we would have no more problems crop up in the future, i feared everyone would leave, think i was mean and horrible, but they didn't, and i have been wonderfully supported.......ahhh sigh of relieve! and a wonderful group of artists have joined!
- applied for membership to MMCA.....that was a huge step in conquering fear.......i am putting myself in the position to be rejected...big time.....i put my app in last sunday at almost midnight, it said i would hear something within 7 days. a day or so later a friend noticed that the site said they were temporarily not taking any more applications........hmmmm did mine just slip in under the wire, or is it sitting in limbo out there maybe to be discovered eons from now and on the 8th day i will check my emails to see still no answer and feel rejected.......i guess i will know the answer to that monday.
- did a demo at redlead back in october, i was terrified, what if i bored everyone to tears, people walked away, BUT everyone loved it, my demo ran a half hour over and everyone stayed! and loved it! yehaa!
- joined two local groups......that was sooo hard to walk into a room where i hardly knew anyone! and drive far away from my home to places i was totally lost!
- FEAR I HAVE TO WORK ON: selling my art..........again another issue with rejection......seeing a pattern here? childhood baggage! i have admitted this to very view people, but i am afraid and not only am i afraid of rejection, but i am also afraid of success! how stupid is that!?!?! i want success sooooo bad, but yet i FEAR it sooooo much.
see the fears of other artists here