Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

altered postcard!

ohhh! how fun this was. i have never done this before, and was not sure if i would ever do another. this was done for an exchange with my yahoo group. once i got started i knew i would be hooked.

i photo copied the post card.....somethings i have a hard time arting on. by copying the postcards i was able to pick out my favorite front and back to make 1 post card.

i used the gel medium to transfer the flowers on the right side of the top, and the entire side, below.

i have used the gel transfer technique before and became frustrated because you can never get a perfect transfer........one of my many hang-ups that i am learning to get over!

i made an extra for a one on one trade with someone maybe, or ebay...... Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JUST ME said...

This is a beauty.......

When will you be posting your art on ebay?????

Angelica

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I totally LOVE these!!?? I am doing the Inspire Me Thursday too and created my first ATC. I am so new to all of it. I have a question for you: what is the transfer gel you wrote about? Thanks!!

Contessa Kris said...

THese are just beautiful! LOVE the background on the top one and the peeling edge of the bottom one. Fabulous!

ArteDar said...

You are brilliant and very talented. I recently joined Yahoo ATCards group and am in the mist of creating lil' ATC's. I work as a scrappbook teacher at my local Michaels store and also teach sculpty clay and tole painting there. I just LUB IT! You write very well and I enjoyed your journey...I only wish I could spell as well as I can create.I hope to bump into you again. Take care and happy paper trails to you!

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed