Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

hello spring.....

i remember when i was a little girl i felt sad for people who were not lucky enough to have their yards dotted with these little yellow beauties. 

when my kids were little they brought me bouquets of these daily.

who can exterminate these just because someone decided they were a weed.

to this day my sweet kids will bring me one, two, or a few of these and i will bring out my collection of mini vases and display them proudly throught our home.

this week i was awaken by the heavenly fragrance of our flowering purple plum.  i look forward to the few days each year that this tree blooms more so than any holiday.

the birds singing each their unique tune to celebrate the arrival of spring sounded sweeter than any song on my ipod. 
here is hoping that spring has touched you just as gently and sweetly as it has me.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed