Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Sunday, October 02, 2005


Yesterday we had a playgroup get together at my house. This is about the only thing that seemed to go well yesterday. My daughter's homecoming dress search was a massive disaster. We did not get to replace our back doors because they shorted my hubbys check his overtime for last week, so one more week with a majorly faulty sliding glass door until they pay his ot on the next check. It is so wonderful to have friends and have playtime. We were short one of our playmates though (we missed you Lisa!) This envelope thingy is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but is is weird how I find I don't give myself permission to do things like this on my own, kinda like a feel like I have to produce art when I am in my studio. When we get together we all bring to the table ideas, and I love this. I end up doing things I would have never done! I love teaching new techniques to everyone! I forgot how much I love doing this. I have been trying to find quick projects to teach everyone, that way we can get a few things done at each get together. After we each completed our envelope/folder thingy we worked on beading a bit. I am trying to get a found object necklace and bracelet completed by the end of this month......we will see how that goes! Right now the hubby is patiently waiting for me to finish this post and we are off to rearrange the basement AGAIN! I am hoping to make room to leave some tables set up so that we can have a few more people join our playdays! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed