Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Queen of Angels


What a long day it has been today. I only had about 4 hours of sleep last night. Got up early to do housework so that I could play all day today. I almost broke into my adhesive drawer to find something to hold my wee wittle eyeballs open long enough to finish this piece, and it is a good thing there is a delete button on my keyboard because so far I have yet to get through a sentence without misspelling a word.

I planned to see Angelica's demo at Redlead today with one friend, Denise, and was surprised to get a call from another friend of ours that we have been trying to get to meet us at Redlead for several weeks for ATC meet up night. Our friend Denise was to meet up with us at Redlead and then back to my house for some last minute planned play time. So anyway Denise ends up not feeling well and does not make it, Maureen and I watch the demo, and shop, yeeha (!), talk with friends :), Maureen even won some embossing powder, we stopped off at the antique shop down the sidewalk from Redlead, I planned to look for old photos, and ended up finding a journal type thingy-muh-bob (did i spell that right? oh, well.....) from 1888! It was only 22 bucks, and is in much better shape than my planner that is only 2 years old! OH, I just love the handwriting from back then, everything was so ornamental, artistic, and just plain beautiful back then! So as we are leaving Denise calls and is gonna try to make it out to my house to play for a bit. This was all last minute, and we all agreed we wanted to play, just could not figure out what we wanted to do. We started off playing with the new Tim Holtz embossing powders! Love them, luv 'em! But you gotta read the directions! This is not what I would consider to be your typical embossing powder. ( i come from a long line of wait until it doesn't work right then read the @$*($*(#$&*(@#& directions gene pool!) Once we read the directions - well, cool stuff I must say! We did something else, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what it was, brain cell in the memory area of the brain are sleepin' I think! Then we broke out the dominos again. They are great little canvases to work on! Played with my new colors of Stazon, slate gray, midnight blue, and cherry pink, I think. Love the colors, and can't wait to get the rest of them, but will have to do it a couple at a time ! In the mean time my hunny bunny brought home our bargain brand new huge bird cage he got from a garage sale and we started the process of moving birds to new cages, something that takes a bit of time, especially with the abused birdies. So we may have a rough few days while everyone gets moved and adjusts to their new homes. During all of this our neighbor, who is basically a male version of me comes over holding this bunny doll that someone (it was me, don't tell though) mysteriously left on his front porch a couple of weeks ago. It has been driving him crazy wondering who, and why this bunny was left on his porch! (that was the purpose!) We have all been giggling, because we expected to see a bomb squad over at his house, we figured he would think that someone planted a bunny bomb! It is one of those guess you had to be there and guess you gotta know him and then this would be hysterically funny kinda things, so any way tomorrow night the kids and I are gonna tie a 5' long stuffed bright yellow and orange snake around the bunny's neck. ( he has left the bunny doll on his porch on a bench) My boys are generously donating the snake for the cause. What can I say, we are a warped family, and we are easily and cheaply entertained. We ordered pizza cuz we was really hungry, and my youngest kept inflating the outdoor blowup light up scary halloween tree thing that my hubby had brought home this morning, this was being inflated in my livingroom, and it is a living room full of antiques! So we have a freaked out cat running around the house, and the puppy is not happy and thinks she needs to attack it, but thank goodness she is in the kitchen, this thing is also about 2 feet from the finch and button quail cage (button quail translates in english to ' birds with no brains', honestly rocks have more intelligence than these things!) the finches are a wee bit wigged out...... and to make a long story short, which I should have done hours ago, I worked on this. tada! ok, now i will shut up, and go to bed.........Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed