What an absolute blast! I use to 'teach' at the insurance company I worked for (in addition to other duties......I was one of those people working her way up the ladder so I always had to do the upper rungs work and got the pay and recognition of the lower rung. !) ok....ok....so back to what I was saying, insurance is a REALLY boring thang girlfriend and I use to have a blast finding fun ways to teach it. In the beginning it was selfishly for me, to keep me from losing what little sanity I had....then I found the more enjoyable the class was the more people retained, and the more people retained the better job they did, and the better job they did the more the big boss recognized it.......boy did I make my boss look good. She had the purtiest brown nose you ever saw! Funny thing is, she lost her magic creative abilities, after I quit 12 years ago, this month actually, she fell apart to their dismay and was no longer a member of the ________ insurance family! ha KARMA! gotta love it sometimes........oh sorry off subject again! Anyway.... I love teaching! LOVE IT! It is my dream someday to have my own store and to open it a Sunday or two a month for disabled, abused, or self esteem impaired people to come in and create. Art is such a theraputic release........for hurt, sadness, anger, frustration as much as it is a perfect way to celebrate life, emotion, occasions. I have said this before and I feel it is the truth:
- ART IS WHAT IT IS BECAUSE YOU MADE IT THAT WAY. THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO DO IT (disclaimer: except if you inhale the fumes, or stick it in your mouth,ears, nose, eyes.....he he he!)
- WHATEVER YOU CREATE IS A MASTERPIECE AND IS COMPLETLY PERFECT. DON'T FEEL OR LET ANYONE TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE YOUR WORK IN A GALLERY, OR SUPPORT YOURSELF FINANCIALLY TO TELL THE WORLD YOU ARE AN ARTIST.
- NOT EVERYONE WILL APPRECIATE YOUR WORK IN THE SAME WAY YOU DO, BUT THERE IS AT LEAST ONE PERSON OUT THERE WHO DOES. BUT THAT SHOULD NOT MATTER ANY WAY BECAUSE YOUR OPINION OF YOUR WORK IS ALL THAT MATTERS!
- YOU SHOULD PLAY, AND OFTEN. USE THOSE SUPPLIES UP, THAT IS WHAT YOU BOUGHT THEM FOR, ISN'T IT?
- FROM THE MINUTE WE ARE BORN WE ARE LEARNING WHILE WE PLAY AND WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IT!
- PLAY IS JUST AN ARTISTIC WAY OF SAYING LEARN!
- AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST SHAME ON THE ART TEACHER I HAD IN GRADE SCHOOL THAT TOOK MY PAPER AWAY, WADDED IT UP, AND THREW IT AWAY AND TOLD ME IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE CLASS THAT TREES ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE BROWN TRUNKS AND GREEN LEAVES AND THAT I DID IT ALL WRONG! POO-POO ON YOU LADY AND MAY YOU HAVE DEVELOPED A HEMROID THE SIZE OF A SCHOOL BUS......ONE I DREW MYSELF AND COLORED PRETTY PINK!!!!!! (UH, I DREW THE SCHOOL BUS PRETTY PINK, NOT THE HEMROID! JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY THAT)
I want to thank everyone who came to me after the demo and told me how much they learned and enjoyed it and how much fun it was. It was the best feeling in the world to hear and to hear it from so many people! My demo was suppose to be an hour long, and I exceeded that time by 35 minutes I was told, but the totally cool thing is when I looked up I saw the same people there at the end as I did in the beginning........my cheering section of friends even told me that one lady left because she had an appointment, but decided to come back, and miss her appointment because she was learning so much. How awesome is that?!
I also want to thank ( and yes when I hear the music start to play I will end my speech and exit the stage, to the left! ha ha) ok I want to thank:
- MY UNBELIEVABLY WONDERFUL, SUPPORTIVE, ENCOURAGING HUSBAND, AND MY JUST AS WONDERFUL KIDS!
- DENISE, WILL, MAUREEN M., MICHEL, AND THOSE WHO CAME JUST BECAUSE IT WAS ME DOING THE DEMO!!!!
- AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST BY ANY MEANS, CHRIS AND SHARON FOR TAKING A CHANCE AND LETTING ME DO THIS DEMO!!!
- DENISE AND WILL AGAIN BECAUSE THEY WERE SO THOUGHTFUL AS TO DOCUMENT THIS ALL ON CAMERA, AND TREAT ME TO A WONDERFUL LUNCH, I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO JOIN US MAUREEN M, AND THE FUN TIME AFTER DINNER.
- MICHEL, FOR SEEING US STRANDED LESS THAN A MILE FROM REDLEAD 25 MINUTES BEFORE MY DEMO WITH A FLAT TIRE MY HUBBY WAS TRYING TO QUICKLY CHANGE AND GIVING ME A RIDE TO REDLEAD, AND WILL AND DENISE FOR COMING AS WELL AFTER I CALLED THEM ON THE CELL PHONE, AND TAKING MY SUPPLIES.
What an incredible memory I will have for the rest of my life, or until I lose my mind!
I will post pictures of the stuff I made in the demo, along with some how to's and a list of ingredients use to make these goodies probably Tuesday, since I remembered that silly old Halloween is Monday!