Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

sweet babies


spring has always been such a meaningful season for me. rebirth. renewal. a fresh start and new beginning. the smells. the sounds. for me the new year begins not on january 1st, but on the first day of spring. spring is something you feel in your soul, somehow you just know it is here. it is not a date on the calendar......it does not matter who saw their shadow when.

every morning after everyone has gone to school and work i crawl back into bed for just a bit. the window is open. i pull the blanet up over me and just listen to the birds singing. breathe in the smell of dirt and grass and flowers. feel the chill in the air that seems to have an undercurrent of warmth to it.

max spotted this nest earlier this evening and crawled up in the tree to snap a quick picture of the new life stirring in the nest as their momma nervously chattered just above.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed