Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Monday, May 05, 2008


an hour of playing with beads and wire and watching eckhart and oprah.....lots of red wire in the trash. i have learned that sometimes you make more trash than usable art, but that is how you learn and grow.

the red beads in the small square plastic container are at least 15 years old......they are older that both my boys!

ended up heading upstairs before the eckhart and oprah class was over.....i started to notice it was toooooo quiet upstairs. i found my daughter had snuck a nap in under her daddy's nose, and my wonderful hubby who is not use to running the show, and who was in a 'csi' coma, did not think to make sure our daughter was not sneaking a pre-nights sleep nap in, and she should have been sent to shower or at least sent the boys in to shower.

so, as i sneak off down here to my studio to wire wrap a few more beads and add a last blog entry for the day i hear the all too familiar sound of the boys aggrevating the &!*@%$ out of each other for the umpteenth time tonight that must mean they are both out of the shower and back in their room............................i love them.....i love them......i love them.....this too shall pass......someday i might even find myself missing that noise and thinking about them while they are all grown and at home with their families. so as nuts as it can make me i am thankful for this moment in time that all too soon will be but a memory.

good night.......
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed