Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

not much sleep last night, again. i tried laying on my 'good ear' , to muffle noise, and
pulling the blanket over my head
hoping i would pass out from inhaling over and over
previously exhaled breaths.

as my restless and snoring, but sleeping husband hogged the bed, i tried to get comfortable
on my pie shaped wedge portion of the bed that was
left after he rolled over yet once again.
thoughts from the day's activities
running through my mind
like a skipping record, something
that i normally don't have a problem turning off at night.


mmmm.........but once everyone was off to work and school i crawled back into bed, layed right in the middle of it, pulled the blanket right up to my chin, closed my eyes and listened to the oh-so-gentle patter of rain drops and the birds singing as though they were serenading the rain. i slept like a baby............until the phone rang moments later.........
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed