As I sit here thinking about how icky I feel, coughing, sneezing, my head feels like an over inflated balloon, watery eyes, fluid filled ears, a nose like a drippy faucet in need of repair, the weight of an elephant on my chest, and my body feels like I have been hit by a train, a bus, an 18 wheeler, a moped, and a little old man on a bicycle...........I hurt. BUT I can not help but think how lucky I am. AT LEAST this is not next Thursday, on THANKSGIVING, AT LEAST what I have is not terminal, AT LEAST I woke up this morning to my home, my family, the things I love still around me just as I left them before I crawled into bed last night and pulled the covers up around me to ward off that horrid beast, the chills.
Now this has me thinking about all of the things I am THANKFUL for:
- my family
- being given a second and third chance at life
- my home, and everything it holds
- the gift of art
- friends and art sisters
- the warmth of our home
- food on our table
- few bucks in the bank
- a paycheck that has been extra fluffy with lots of overtime pay
- 2 running vehicles
- and every other little thing that I take for granted each and every day
- all of the things I have not yet thought of , but I still know I am thankful for, and when I do think of them I will feel like a jerk for forgetting to mention!
- the strength and courage I asked for and have been given to make some big changes in my life
So, what are you thankful for? If you listed them and thought about them, would they make you see things in a different light when say, your having a not so good day?
So, Becky, Angelica, Sharon and Denise what if I said tag.....your it? What are you thankful for.........
And hey, you there, reading my blog......tag your it, too!