Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

i did not have time to pack my bags for my unexpected trip.....down memory lane

yesterday an unexpected happening
forced steph and i to tear apart
the boys room and do some major
housekeeping
today we decided to
give our own rooms
some tlc
the rearranging bug has bit
me bad
not able to get away
for a change of scenery
i am making some
changes here
on the home front.
the recent death of my
80ish -  90ish year old
loveseat and
my recent spring cleaning fling
that has resulted in a
use it or lose it
state of living
which means some rearranging
is much needed.

while moving things
from here to there
and other things
from there to here
 i came across
a couple of childhood
loves
and my crib companion







45 years old this little sheep is.

loved this wee little baby even though i received her
near the end of my baby doll days.
wee babies accessories
her christening dress that i oh-so-carefully wrapped in an old fashioned sandwich bag from back in the
dinosaur days. a zipperless baggie.


and my most favorite baby doll





oh how i loved to dress her up
and then put her in her jammies again.

i remember how i use to dream about the day
i would be a mommy to real babies.

years later i would have my
dream come true and
have 3 beautiful babies.
with this man


molly just loves it when bill comes home
because he lets her do what i won't
sit on the kitchen table

here they trade stories on just what a hard day they each had

it seems they are both deep in  thought....

reading the paper together

bert decided he would be king of the ironing board
today
since it was not being used
for its intened purpose




this arty girl is off to go clean up the mess she made earlier today.....see you soon.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed