Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

blow it all away

just a peek at what i have been braiding and knoting for the last week
adding a few finishing touches today.
a much needed change of pace from my norm, now i am starting to
crave time back in my studio for some
soldering and beading time.


last night steph announced she was going
to trim her bangs just as i was silently admiring how lovely her hair looked.
i thought out loud ' oh wonderful, i get to hear how terrible her hair looks all summer....i hate it, i can't believe i did this to my hair' mocking her whiny voice.
steph quickly assured me since she had trimmed her bangs to her satisfaction on other occasions i would not be hearing any
whining this summer.
guess who was right.
this is one time i would have loved to have been proven wrong.

oy.
it's gonna be a long summer till those bangs grow back out.

after the bangs crisis, steph and i took our post outside to take on star gazing
duty again. just a mere handful of shooting starts tonight. the summer shower is winding down quicker this year it seems.

grabbed a bottle of bubbles from my stash and blew away any stress from the day that still lingered on.

instead of bottles of xanax and vicadin they should hand out bottles of bubbles.
this is the most wonderful way to blow away stress and pain.

i have a stash of bubbles, in many different containers. a collection of them are gathered in an antique bowl in my studio.
i can sit for hours, or until i have used up every last drop of bubble juice, which ever comes first.


bubbles are my favorite thing to give friends for birthdays who have declared they are old. blow bubbles and you instantly feel 7 again.

bubbles are packed amongst other goodies in care packages for those who are in need of a pick me up.
just try to not relax when blowing on the wand that makes those magical rainbow colored floating orbs.

i dare ya to try it for yourself.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed