Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Monday, May 04, 2009

nature filled day

sitting in my bedroom i felt as though i was being watched.....creepy-neighbor-guy surely could not see me from where i was at....chills went down my spine.......i hate that feeling....then i saw him sitting there....the same squirrel that had been chased up a different tree in our yard earlier by a neighbors cat. a bit later i saw a bit of movement and thought the cat was after the squirrel again, but instead found a couple of hefty bunnies playing with each other. they are huge! twice the size of our chihuahuas.

later max returned home with his goodies from playing in a creek with a friend all day. just like when i was a little girl
he finds something totally irresistable about rocks
he let me keep most of them, but not the neatest ones. the big one is going by our little man made pond that is home to several frogs.
the partial turtle shell....i told him to take that thing right back outside. no way was that thing going on my kitchen table.
i am sure it was no more dirty or germy than the rocks, but i really did not want the partial remains of a turtle corpse staring back at me from the kitchen table while i was making dinner.

art is coming soon. i am hoping there is enough sun peeking through the clouds so i can re-shoot pics of luvlies i have on etsy already, as well as some new pieces.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed