Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

one bad cookie

as a reward for my hubby who as of today is back working overtime
i thought i would bake him up a batch of my special recipe
triple chocolate chip cookies.
multi tasking
while adding the ingredients
to these scrumptious treats
i did not realize the 1/4 cup measure-r had been replaced
with a 1/2 cup. i added twice the
sugar than what is required.
the result - one bad batch of cookies.


realizing my culinary mishap, i adjusted and wah-laaaa....
i am told they taste heavenly, but having taste tested too much dough i have no desire to try them out myself.

i am off to search the kitchen for something salty to counter-act the overdose of sugar running rampant through my system.
Posted by Picasa
to make these sweet treats
use the nestle toll house recipe but replace the semi-sweet chips
with a mixture of nestle chocolate chunks, ghirardelli dark chocolate chips and
ghirardelli white chocolate chips.
i use 2 1/2 - 3 cups of the chip mixture.
for some reason there is a big difference in taste in the nestle semi sweet chunks versus the chips, ghirardelli white chocolate taste so much better than nestle, and being a connoisseur
of dark chocolate, ghirardelli is one of the best.
these are a favorite of my kids, hubby, and the hubby's co-workers.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed