Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

my trip to the emergency room and enough already people with the prejudiced comments


it again, has been longer between postings than what i would like. 3 weeks ago this coming monday i ended up in the e.r. with a ENORMOUSLY swollen lymph node and gland behind my ear and into my jaw. the pain i would compare to childbirth and the onset less than 24 hours. after a cat scan, and giving into the nurse and my hubby talking me into some pain medication being added in with my i.v. antibiotics, which i have to say was wonderful, i was sent home with a kinda-sorta-in-a-way-maybe diagnosis, a script for antibiotics and pain medication. i am on my second round of antibiotics, and now that my jaw is pain free and my mouth feels like eating food, my stomach is a mess from the meds. but....i am getting better, and pretty soon this will all be a memory!

the picture above is not human guttage, it is pumpkin guts by the way. pretty cool pic taken by my daughter. i am thinking we may have a major change in the career route. she has a huge interest in photo journalism, and i would say she is doing wonderfully.

what a week this has been. i am so excited to be a part of history and excited to see what changes are coming our way with obama elected president, but i do have to say i am sick of the prejudiced comments. my kids, my husband and i are in shock over the things we have heard, and quite saddened to think there are still so many people in the world that are so ignorant.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed