Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

so busy, so happy, so excited......

for the first time in 2 years my studio is almost mine again.

it is a long story. 

do i explain?

 to speak of it again would be like hauling a bag of trash around and constantly smelling the stink of it. 

it is time to just get rid of it.

it is time to celebrate.  be happy.  be free. 


when someone uses you....when you let yourself get into a situation where you are taken advantage of and you suffer from 'too freakin' nice for your own darn good' syndrome....

i have learned my lesson......mmmm.... i have learned A lesson.

for 2 years i did not make art, a few pieces of jewelry.....but no real art.  lots of bouts of depression every time i walked down to my studio and became overwhelmed by the mess. 

getting back to happy.....so happy......

my soldering table and glass cutting table still need to be cleaned.

several pieces of ephemera and vintage photos need to be filed.

i now have a full 2' x 2' of work space!  whoo-hoo!

lots of trash dumped.

lots of someone elses stuff to be returned.

lots of stuff to goodwill.

i sat in my studio and cried as i looked around friday.   

the chaos

the clutter

the confusion

the sadness

fading away......

i lost a huge piece of me during that 2 years.  being so sick on top of the situation i ended up in....made it worse.

would i find the same me i lost 2 years ago? 

i don't think so.

i think......i know i am going to find a new improved me.

a healed me.

a more creative and inspired me.

a happier me.

a stronger me.

a ready to be successful me.

a faith filled me.



this arty girl was a hopin' and prayin' to be full time in her studio as of  today, but the weekend did not go as planned.....it was better. 

today was not as planned either, but so good to get out of the house. 

tomorrow i can not wait for it to get here, ok it is technically tomorrow, so i mean my version of tomorrow......

 i am running to my studio,

expectations high, face happy,

attitude properly adjusted....

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed