Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

patina and verdigris everywhere

i have been on a mission to figure out how to patina and obtain the verdigris effect without chemicals.

my first tutorial will be on how to add patina to brass, and eventually to other metals.

this arty girl is on a budget at this moment in time and knows others are too and my mission to find the safest and least expensive way to give an aged appearance to metals has driven me into mad scientist mode.

my kitchen looks like the lab of one!

here a just a few quick picks to give you an idea of what i am seeing take place in my lab right now!


sea salt and distilled vinegar method 1



sea salt and distilled vinegar method 2


hard boiled egg method





can not wait to have all of my results to pass on!


No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed