Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Friday, May 14, 2010

learning my way around the light box and a happy accident

the light box





finally we assembled our much desired light box and i have spent several days trying to figure out just how much light to use, where to put the lights, playing with settings on my camera. 

i have moved the kitchen table to position the light box just so under the ceiling fixture in the kitchen.

with fingers crossed as i knock on wood the plan is to photograph all next week.

not sure if these photos will be used for the etsy shop, or if new ones will be taken. 


i have read countless tutorials online to make a light box.  everyone seems to have their own unique way to light and construct a light box.
i thought once i had a light box photography would be as easy as blinking.
bertie bert has felt the need to claim the box as his space.
he has been insistant on being a part of as many photos as he can
i have explained to him if he keeps this up i will list him for sale as well on etsy.
in response he offered up several additional new poses.







yesterday while steph was out cruising the net she came across a photo of a t-shirt in which the holes gave a lacey appearance
excited and curious steph and i grabbed some old t's and began cutting and puncturing the shirts.
after using several different devices and tools
i found the one's that tattered this t to my liking.

this is my test t.

while ripping this piece and that piece from the shirt
i hated to throw out the scraps that lay on the floor
the scraps called to me to find a use for them other than taking up space in a landfill.
as i sat down to watch a bit of mindless, yet tickle-my-funny-bone tv
i began to play with the pieces.
and here is what i ended up with
a happy accident
i say it looks almost like sea weed or coral
steph says icicles
we both agree it looks oh-so-neato

out of scraps an adornment was born


so here i sit
amazed again
at how out of nothing
out of scraps
trash
something unique is born
and all i can say
with the most sincerest gratitude
from the core of my soul
THANK YOU GOD
because i have to believe
that is where
all
inspiration
must
be
sent
from

sweet dreams

1 comment:

Scrap by RĂ´ said...

Hi Christine! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I was surfing your blog and I loved your art. Also, Bernie is really charming!
Hugs
Rosana (Brazil)

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed