Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

HUSHshshshshshshshshshshsh

it is amazing how quiet everything becomes when it is snowing.....
when i stepped outside with my youngest to wait for the school bus it was amazing......it was like someone had hit the mute button........birds flew overhead, in total silence, cars drove past, in total silence, my son opened his mouth....still total silence.....he was catching snowflakes on his tongue.

it was so cold out....yet my problems melted away as if it were a hot summer day.

the snowflakes fell so quickly, and every now and then danced in the air, their change in movement caused by an unseen force, yet everything was so still.

everything was so quiet, as i stood in the middle of the driveway watching my youngest walk to the bus stop, head up, mouth open tongue sticking out as far as he could get it, catching as many snowflakes as he could, i was becoming covered by these beautiful pure white microscopic pieces of art sent down from heaven.....and as they landed on me they seemed to whisper hushshshshshshshshshshshsh.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed