Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

OMG! Has it really been that long ago.......

Wow! Where has the time gone? I have neglected my baby! I can not believe how long it has been since my last entry! When the kids are out of school for break I lose all track of time! We have had a blast this summer just hanging out, and now it is winding down and coming to an end! My youngest is back in school, the other two soon to be starting their first year of middle school and high school in just a couple of weeks. Usually at this point I am so ready to send them back because they have all but the pushed the momma person to the brink of insanity! This summer was different. Maybe it is just because they are getting older........ There have been moments though.............like when my daughter was able to ramble for at least 2 hours non stop about how the fake nails she has put on have affected everything she does.........and then she was soooo kind as to keep me updated on everything she tried to do that was different with her fake nails. She has got the babbling thing down.......she can go on and on and on and on about just about anything, and all summer she has had a large array of subjects she has shared her thoughts on with me, and of course it is usually when I am in the middle of something that requires my full attention and concentration. my middle son goes into frequent video game comas and we need to poke him every now and then to make sure he is still among the living! we need to have daily interventions to get him to move, and his goal this summer was to see how long he could stay up without sleep.......he went about 30 + hours! he was kind enough to wake me every hour or so during the night to let me know he was still awake! he has some sort of internal alarm that goes off whenever my bladder is about to burst and i am running to the bathroom, he then has some l o n g story to tell me that is urgent, but to make things worse, he is speech impaired and i am hearing impaired so that conversation takes twice as long as what it would under normal circumstances! my youngest is the one that will have me on tranquilizer for the rest of my life at the rate he is going! if he would have been born first there would only be 1 child in our family! he is always, always, always moving. he can not just walk through the house he has to jump, bounce, roll, one day i looked out into the back yard and he was hanging by a belt that he put through just one loop of his pants and around a swing so he could fly, that worked until the loop broke and he fell on his face. then he is off to find something to jump his bike off of, then he gets in the pool.(yikes) he makes evil knevil look like a wimp.

I am looking forward to everyone going back to school though. I love my babies, but I also love my 8 hours creating art in my studio, and I miss it very badly! I have ideas back up in my head just waiting to come pouring out........I will have about two weeks of this heaven, then my youngest will already be on cycle break for 3 weeks, and then before you know it the holiday will be here! Where does the time go?

New art to be posted in a couple of days.............

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed