Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Back to School........................

What a day this is......my youngest who is still in grade school has been back in school for about a month, and today my other two started school, one starting his first year in middle school, and one starting her first year in high school. The morning started early, my daughter up a little after 5 am, off to the bus at 6:30, the next one up at 7:00 and off to the bus at 7:30, the youngest up at 8:00 and off to the bus at 8:30. Got lots of weeding done out front while waiting a respectable distance from the bus stop. I just can't believe my babies are growing up. How did this happen so fast I sit and wonder while remembering what they were like as babies. It seemed like those 2 am feedings lasted an eternity back then. I wish I could wrap my arms around them and keep them safe forever. I usually spend this first day they are all back in school almost mourning, missing them so very much. The house is so quiet, well as quiet as it can be with 4 large parrots, 2 medium parrots, a cockatiel, 2 flight cages of finches, 1cat, 1 chihuahua, and 1 lab/mastiff! ( oh, and a snoring husband!) The reptiles at least are quiet! Tomorrow will be a different story though! I will be settling back into my routine, remembering what I use to do with the peace and quiet 3 months ago! Drinking my cup of hot tea at the kitchen table after they have all been packed up and sent on their way, planning out my day........oh now I remember.....8 hours in my studio! Uninterrupted. The volume and station on the radio in my studio being adjusted to my mood, the birds occasionally singing along. Creativity rushing through me........that will be tomorrow though. Today I miss them, I miss the noise, the company, the hugs and kisses and I love yous, the morning walks and afternoon swims, and even the fighting and aggravating!

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed