Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

F. L. Y. - The definition

The definition of FLY - Finally Loving Yourself. A lesson in self discovery.

I have always wanted people to accept me and like me, but I have realized I needed to love me and accept me and truly believe in me and be me first before I could expect others to. I have found that by not being afraid to let the real person I am be it has made me feel free, and that has helped the creative process tremendously ! I am more relaxed and I feel like when I am in my studio the ideas and the actual process seems to flow more easily. It feels more natural now, not forced.

I use to think when I was a teenager that 40 was the end. Now that I am almost there I am finding it is only the beginning. It is fun and exciting! If only I had this need to learn when I was younger like I do now!

1 comment:

firstborn studio said...

AMEN,Christine!
Congrats on this blog...it is fabulous,girl!Thanks so much for sharing it...your art...yourself! You rock!

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed