Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

BEad gAsM

so i have never really shared much, if anything about my shopping trips, ohhhhh but today i must play show-n-tell! i went to the bead store to buy some faceted and teeney pieces of laboradite, i might have spelled that one wrong, but we will live for now, and some crimps. i bought them to go with the chunks 'o laboradite. i bought them to go with a gray cardigan and a dressy sweat shirty thingy. well laboradite looks gray, until you put it up to gray, they seem to take on a bit of a green hue, but i will find something for these beads to go with! water trapped in the beads while they were forming gives them shimmers and glimmers of color under the surface just like opals.
there is nothing like a bead gasm. everyone has their 'thing' that makes them feel like they have taken a bite out of heaven, this is my thing, well, there is a list of things, but this is at the top.....for now! so, now off to make one pretty for me, one for my daughter, and one to sell.....

it is amazing, i am sick as a dog still, but it is almost 1 am and i feel like i could art till dawn with all of my new goodies!

you will have to come back and see what these turn into!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed