Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Friday, March 02, 2007

smooth soldering

last week i decided i was going to spend the whole weekend in my studio if need be until i mastered perfect soldered dots. up to this point i have only been able to create lumpy-bumpy-rough-scratchy-blobs. i had originally soldered this piece of broken vintage china a year ago and it has just been hanging around my studio waiting to be made into the perfect piece of jewelry.
the more i practiced making dots the more solder accumulated
on this piece and i figured it was destined for the trash.
but after awhile the 'icing' effect grew on me......and the bonus is i mastered the dots!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed