Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

If I could save time in a bottle - front


June 10th, 11th, and 12th I attended the Art Works weekend at Redlead http//redleadstl.com/demos/htm Posted by Hello What a fun time it was! Friday night was a demo by Chris S. and a make and take. Chris did a demo on Mini Tin Memory boxes. I hope to make one real soon. I bought the tins, just gotta find the time! Chris also showed us how to use gel medium to transfer images. Saturday we had a blast painting paper and creating the most awesome paper dolls! Denise Lombardozzi was the instructor for this workshop and as always was full of wonderful ideas and techniques! Later that day my friend Denise Mitchell and I attended a Imagination Muse collaged torso workshop. Sunday Jeanne Elmer, www.jeanneelmer.com, taught us step by step how to construct a Reliquary Pendant! I love it when a fellow artist is willing to unveil the secrets of her art and teach! My pendant is a tribute to my dad who passed away 7 months ago. What perfect timing for this workshop since this coming weekend is Father's Day. I will be posting my paper dolls as soon as I get them finished up.

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed