Nest Feathers and Twine - Formally Artist's Block Studio

The things that make a house a home and the stuff that holds is all together.

Years ago I started this blog with a mindset and goals that I have found have changed direction over time. I am excited to say that this blog has a new name.....Nest Feathers and Twine. I hope you come by and visit often. Feel free to get comfortable and kick off your shoes and join me on this journey of metamorphosis.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

happy happy birthday my sweet girl

July 10 1990..........she is now
17 years old. it seems like yesterday, and yes, everyone says it, but it is so very true.

i can still feel her tiny, well, if you call 9 pounds 10 ounces tiny, anyway.....i can still feel her little body in my arms.

i can still smell that baby smell......

i can remember every birthday cake i ever made for her.

now that she is growing up she makes her own.......



stephs birthday cake recipe:


layers of ice cream sandwiches
whip cream
chocolate sauce
m and m's


every year i wonder where all the years have gone................how did she grow up so fast...............why did she have to grow up so fast. i love watching her change and become her own person, oh but i miss being able to scoop her up and kiss her little baby cheeks and hold her and keep her safe in my arms.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Quote for the moment



"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Harriet Beecher Stowe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed